How It Works
Traditional VOIP hosts offer subscription-based and persistent servers, so generally a premium
is charged. GuildBit works on the idea of temporary servers to preserve system
resources, opening up more server slots which aren't being occupied. This helps lower hosting,
resources and bandwidth costs. Also, VPS hosting nowadays are much cheaper than they used to be. The
rest is supported by donations and upgrades.
Set a location
Choose a server location closest to your group to minimize latency.
Set a duration
You can choose how long the server instance will live. From 4-24 hours. The
less hours you use, the more resources open up for others. :)
Set a password
Password protected servers are required, due to the fact the server may be
reused in the future.
Share the connection details, or use the copy feature to copy/paste the credentials
directly. The server page also monitors users in room (including subchannels) and displays the expiration countdown.
Clicking direct link opens Mumble and connects to server
Connected to Mumble with users in lobby
Server page live updates with users in server as well as server timer expiration
Server page updates when Mumble server expires
- How is it free?
- Donations, paid upgrades and low server/bandwidth costs. This is still in an experimental phase. Remainders
are paid of out pocket. :)
- Why temporary servers?
- The idea is targeted towards gamers who need a quick Mumble server for their group or raid
without the hassle of setting up their own, or subscribing to a service. The server expires to not
only save on resources, but to free up the slot for others.
- Why only 15 slots?
- Check out the upgrades page if you're looking for more than 15 slots.
- Why can't I use the same port when creating a server?
- Servers are created according to the next port available.
- Why only offer Mumble and not Ventrilo or TeamSpeak?
- Mumble is free and
open-source software. So it doesn't
cost me any licensing fees to host Mumble servers or offer it as a service.
- Do you offer premium upgrades?
- Yes! We now offer server upgrades via Paypal to increase slot count, duration, subchannels
and a SuperUser admin capabilities. Click here to get started.
- What is a SuperUser?
- A SuperUser is an admin account on your Mumble server to grant permissions and roles to users and
groups as well as setting up channels.
- Do you plan on offering other methods of payment?
- We're looking into Stripe or Balanced Payments integration. :)
- How can I contribute?
Purchase upgrades! Click here to get started.
We accept donations, including Bitcoin! :) This keeps us
Are you a developer? Check out the
Murmur-REST project on Github and contribute!
Help us improve or add translations. Contact us for more details!
- How can I contact you?
- Feel free to use the contact form to report any
bugs or to contact me with any questions or comments!